Dear Red Deer Royals Supporters:
We really need a small bit of help (a few moments of your time only!) from each of you in support of the Red Deer Royals Alumni Association’s work to raise funds for the last 20% of The Kinsmen Fieldhouse, “Home of the Red Deer Royals”!
As you may know, Royals moved into their awesome new home at the beginning of April and The Kinsmen Fieldhouse at St. Joseph High School has already proven to be a fantastic rehearsal facility for the Band – their first permanent home in almost 50 years. But we have the last payment on our $2.7 million commitment due at the end of 2017 and we’re working hard to get that money together. That’s where you come in.
With the support of the Member of Parliament for Red Deer – Lacombe, MP Blaine Calkins, we are writing directly to the Prime Minister to request $500,000 in Federal funding. At Mr Calkins’ suggestion, we intend to bolster our request with one thousand letters of support from community members just like you.
What we are asking you for is simple. Just 2 to 5 sentences on any of these kinds of things:
- Why you think Royals are deserving of the funding.
- The record of community service the Royals have provided
- The impact that Royals has had on your life or on the life of someone you know.
- The notoriety that the Band has brought to Red Deer, Central Alberta and Canada
- The legacy of enriched lives in our community due to the Royals activity
- The powerful engagement in a healthy, positive and productive activity for the youth of Central Alberta
- Or whatever you feel would be most convincing
Please use the attached blank letter addressed to the Prime Minister to write your own supportive comments. Include your name, phone number and indicate your association with Royals. The email version includes a drop-down box for Royals Alumnus, Royals Parent, Royals Alumnus Parent, Community Member or elected official.
Please email your letters of support to email@example.com or give to a Royals member. Due date for letters is November 1, 2017.